Manage episode 356459138 series 172966
Meditation and mindfulness doesn’t uproot your capacity to be judgmental, but it can help you see the value in being judgmental by learning how to work with the judging mind.
La Sarmiento has been practicing Vipassana meditation since 1998. La is a mentor for the Mindfulness Meditation Teacher Certification Program, a teacher with Cloud Sangha, and a contributor to the Ten Percent Happier app.
In this episode we talk about:
- How mindfulness can help us identify when we’re being judgmental
- The difference between discernment and judgment
- How it can be so delicious to be judgmental of others – but why it’s actually harmful to ourselves and others
- The four questions to ask when we notice ourselves going into judgment mode
- How to operationalize the phrase “am I suffering right now?”
- Investigating the motivations behind striving for success
- Why owning up to being a jerk is sometimes the exact right answer
Full Shownotes: https://www.tenpercent.com/podcast-episode/la-sarmiento-564