Manage episode 293832732 series 2030630
What We Discuss with James Jani:
- Why "hustle culture" is a bankrupt paradigm that makes it easy for fake gurus to prey upon society's very young and very desperate.
- Why the so-called Law of Attraction that tells you you only have to think positive thoughts to "manifest" the good things you want out of life is bunk.
- How studying philosophy exercises your grey matter and sharpens your critical thinking skills (so you can better resist nonsense like the Law of Attraction).
- Why the Just World Fallacy that explains away suffering as a deserved consequence of wrongdoing is just a dangerously convenient way for people to bypass empathy for the world's unlucky have-nots.
- How we can use street epistemology to help people question their unfounded beliefs.
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/515
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!