Decentralized NFT Lending, Unleashing the Potential of DeFi | a Web3 Episode with Joseph Bosselut, Co-Founder & CEO at Kairos Loan
Manage episode 371132260 series 2905492
I am really excited about this episode, which is a deep dive into DeFi (decentralized finance) and decentralized lending, web3 leadership and communities, and the transformative potential for communities of Kairos Loan.
- This episode is an excerpt of the full-length episode you can discover in our premium newsletter called Venture Notes (https://venturenotes.co). If you want to become a premium member and enjoy the full experience, grab until Aug 15, 2023 a special offer : 50% off, €45/year instead of €90/year, link to redeem https://upcomingvc.substack.com/150823
Kairos Loan is a new type of lending protocol allowing you to borrow instantly using an NFT as collateral and with the best rates on the market, according to Joseph. As the use of NFTs increases in various industries, NFT lending platforms are becoming increasingly important. This is due to the fact that NFTs are illiquid by nature, making it challenging for holders to access the value of their holdings.
However, NFT loans offer a solution to this problem by allowing holders to use their assets as collateral to borrow funds. These platforms allow NFT holders to use their tokens as collateral for loans. This creates a new financial market for NFTs, as lenders can earn interest on their funds while borrowers can unlock the value of their NFTs without having to sell them.
As the NFT market continues to grow, NFT loans have the potential to bring a new level of liquidity to the space and unlock even more use cases for these unique digital assets.
As part of the recent €1M fundraise, Jo announced that “Kairos aims to democratize and revolutionize the finance surrounding NFTs. Their flagship tool, Kairos Loan, is a collateralized lending protocol that enables instant value mobilization without the need to sell your NFTs, offering the most favorable terms in the market.”
According to Kairos, the startup wants to “prioritize improving the user experience for borrowers while maximizing capital efficiency for lenders. With just a few clicks, users can leverage any type of NFT to get a crypto loan, completely eliminating liquidation risk and ensuring the best terms available”.
Kairos protocol initially supports the most popular NFT collections on the Ethereum network such as Bored Ape Yacht Club, Doodle or Azuki.
In this podcast, we talk about:
- The principles of decentralization and empowering users to take control of their financial futures through Kairos Loan.
- Balancing innovation and progress with the potential risks and downsides of new financial technologies.
- The role of NFTs in the future of gaming and how Kairos Loan is shaping that future.
- The evolution of Kairos Loan in the next 5-10 years and its impact on the world of finance.
- The broader landscape of DeFi and blockchain-based finance, including opportunities and challenges for the industry.
- Defining and communicating a compelling shared mission for community-first companies, building thriving communities, and measuring success beyond traditional financial metrics.
Let's get into the episode right now.
- - -
The podcasts Runway Series Originals, AMA VC, Human Factor, No-Code VC / Fit, Venture Talks & Solo-GP Series are produced by UPCOMINGVC® (upcoming.vc), created and hosted by Raphael Grieco (olivecapital.vc / rapha.elgrie.co / raphael-grieco.com)