Manage episode 355660893 series 3276400
Should cryptocurrency firms be regulated as banks? Should cryptocurrency assets be regulated as securities or as commodities? If so, who is the right regulator? Do we need new federal legislation? With enhanced financial and risk disclosures, should cryptocurrency firms only be subject to standard commercial law and, if they fail, normal bankruptcy proceedings? These issues will be addressed by this fourth in a continuing series of cryptocurrency webinars presented by the Federalist Society’s Financial Services and E-Commerce Practice Group.
- The Honorable Cynthia Lummis, United States Senator, Wyoming
- Todd H. Baker, Managing Principal, Broadmoor Consulting, LLC
- Jerry Loeser, Of Counsel, Winston & Strawn LLP (Retired)
- Steve Lofchie, Partner, Financial Services, Fried Frank
- Alex J. Pollock, Senior Fellow, Mises Institute
- Moderator: J.C. Boggs, Partner, Government Advocacy and Public Policy, King & Spalding