Manage episode 291087304 series 2030630
Ed Calderon (@eds_manifesto) is a non-permissive environment specialist and combatives instructor with over 10 years of experience in counter-narcotics, organized crime investigation, and public safety in the northern border region of Mexico. [This is part two of a two-part episode. Find part one here!]
What We Discuss with Ed Calderon:
- Three things that kept Ed from choosing the cartel life over law enforcement when it became a very real option.
- Why there’s an eerie devotion to blasphemous, Church-condemned figures like death icon La Santa Muerte by the dispossessed and the deadly on both sides of the law.
- What happens when different factions of law enforcement in the same area work for different cartels.
- How occult practices that combine Catholic symbology with Aztec beliefs adapt to changing times and desperate characters.
- Is Ed worried for his life after crossing some of the world’s most dangerous and vindictive people?
- And much more…
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/501
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!