564 Western Dressage with Stacy Westfall: Creating Relaxation When Showing and at Home with Marsha Sapp and Joanne Coy
Manage episode 260577003 series 7659
Relaxation and Suppleness are found at the base of the training pyramid. In the 'Judges View' segment Stacy Westfall interviews Joanne Coy, an 'R' rated western dressage judge about how relaxation is seen from the judges chair. She also offers tips on how to increase your score with proper preparation for your transitions.
In the Trainers Tip segment, Marsha Hartford Sapp, USEF Western Dressage Champion and USDF Gold Medalist, shares her training advice. It is her belief that relaxation begins the moment you put the halter on. Stacy and Marsha discuss how to handle a horse that unloads in a new location with their head up, calling out for friends. Hauling inexperienced horses to show and the difference between a horse bringing their energy up and staying relaxed vs becoming tense especially as riders advance through the levels. Listen in...
Guests and Links Dressage Episode 564:
- Co-Hosts: Stacy Westfall From Stacy Westfall Horsemanship and Coach Jenn from Horse Tip Daily
- Photo: Marsha Hartford Sapp and Cobra
- Official Podcast of the United States Dressage Federation
- Guest: Joanne Coy, USEF Licensed Western Dressage Judge
- Guest: Marsha Hartford Sapp from Southern Oaks Equestrian
- Total Saddle Fit Tip: Marsha Hartford Sapp from Southern Oaks Equestrian
- Download the FREE Horse Radio Network app for iPhone and Android
- Follow Dressage Radio Show on Facebook, and follow Horse Radio Network on Twitter
- Please visit our sponsors, they make all this possible: Total Saddle Fit, Kentucky Performance Products
Support the show (https://www.patreon.com/user?u=87421)