Manage episode 331235045 series 2989039
Jay Shetty graduated from business school—and decided to become a monk. Not only was this an unusual move, but it was met with strong disapproval from his family and friends.
But Jay followed this calling. Today, he's a #1 New York Times bestselling author, hosts a leading health podcast, and is lauded as a mindfulness leader by millions worldwide.
Shortly after obtaining a degree in business, Jay Shetty decided to become a monk. Not only was this an unusual move, but it was met with strong disapproval from both family and friends. Still, Jay felt compelled to follow this calling, and today Jay is a #1 New York Times bestselling author, hosts a leading health podcast, and is lauded as a mindfulness leader by millions of people around the world. In this episode, Jay tells Alex about feeling completely lost at multiple times in his career, and how holding true to his values helped navigate his way through immense imposter syndrome and nearly running out of money.
Listen to more episodes of Imposters and subscribe here: https://link.chtbl.com/WfYlurno
- 00:00 Intro
- 03:43 What was childhood like for a young Jay Shetty?
- 08:11 Clash between self awareness and low self esteem
- 10:08 We are living two lives
- 16:24 Loving the process and accepting the result
- 24:38 Don’t get discouraged if you are behind
- 27:15 Asked to speak in front of colleagues
- 29:47 Navigating through Imposter syndrome
- 34:48 Be open to risks, welcome mentorships
- 42:39 Everything in the world is made up of energy
- 46:07 Preserve the purity of your heart
Like this show? Please leave us a review here - even one sentence helps! Post a screenshot of you listening on Instagram & tag us so we can thank you personally!