Manage episode 333823586 series 2989039
Do you want to meditate daily with me? Go to go.calm.com/onpurpose to get 40% off a Calm Premium Membership. Experience the Daily Jay. Only on Calm
Being too critical about the things your partner does, unknowingly, makes you the toxic person in the relationship. When you get the same treatment from your partner, you often feel unappreciated and unloved without realizing that you’ve been doing the same thing to them. As this cycle continues, the foundation crumbles and the relationship inevitably fails.
In this episode of On Purpose, Jay Shetty explains the mistakes we often make in our relationship and how we should be mindful of our actions to strengthen it.
Want to be a Jay Shetty Certified Life Coach? Get the Digital Guide and Workbook from Jay Shetty https://jayshettypurpose.com/fb-getting-started-as-a-life-coach-podcast/
- 00:00 Intro
- 01:47 The common relationship mistakes we make
- 03:53 Mistake #1: Being too critical to our partner
- 07:42 Instead of criticizing, get creative in removing complaints
- 09:42 Mistake #2: When jokes go too far
- 14:57 Mistake #3: We become deflective, we become defensive
- 17:35 Mistake #4: Disconnecting or becoming aloof
- 19:41 Mistake #5: You focus on the value displayed in the moment
- 22:13 Mistake #6: Our partners aren’t our coaches
Like this show? Please leave us a review here - even one sentence helps! Post a screenshot of you listening on Instagram & tag us so we can thank you personally!