Manage episode 295696627 series 2287089
The power of food - plants in particular - to help us optimize our health and potential longevity can not be underestimated. Indeed nature itself is arguably the most powerful tool we have to thwart disease and the ravages of the aging process. Dr. Nora Khaldi is the founder of Nuritas, a Dublin based biotechnology company that's pursuing a theory that natural foods contain all the molecular tools people need to optimize their health and wellbeing. Dr. Khaldi has an ambitious goal to make revolutionary discoveries, through the study of plants, that will allow people to live healthier for longer. In this LLAMA podcast conversation with Peter Bowes she explains the remarkable potential of peptides discovered in the fava bean to supports muscle health in people. She also discusses the astonishing complexity and relevance of wallaby milk to the building blocks of the human body.
Topics covered in this interview include:
- Approaching life science with a diverse academic background, including pure mathematics.
- Bioinformatics, molecular evolution and comparative genomics.
- Looking at a human bodies as a system of interactions
- Why do wallabies and their milk matter?
- The importance of peptides - short strings of amino acids - and where they are found.
- Harnessing the power of peptides discovered in the fava bean plant to supports muscle health.
- Exploring the full potential of food and plants through Nuritas and Elio™.
- Translating the positive finding of science to benefit consumer needs.
- Supplementation, do I really need it?
- Starting conversations with health providers about precision supplementation.
- Food as the problem, but also the solution.
- Creating healthier versions of food without compromising on taste.
- Devising a lifestyle to achieve a good healthspan.
- Living longer but also being sicker for longer.
- Is living to 120 a realistic goal?
The Live Long and Master Aging podcast, a HealthSpan Media LLC production, shares ideas but does not offer medical advice. If you have health concerns of any kind, or you are considering adopting a new diet or exercise regime, you should consult your doctor.
DoNotAge.org is on a mission to extend healthspan for as many people as possible. The longevity research organisation is offering listeners to LLAMA a 10% discount on its range of products - NAD boosters, Sirtuin activators, senolytics & more. Use the code LLAMA at checkout. This is a great way for you to support the podcast. Any health queries can be answered by the team at DoNotAge: email - email@example.com