Manage episode 330139324 series 1862512
What is stopping you from creating content? That’s the question that Alban Brooke and I set out to answer. But it didn’t start that way. I thought we’d talk about podcast stats and what creators can do to make money. But there is no making money if there is no content. So we get back to basics. And if you’re stuck, this is a conversation you need to hear.Top Takeaways:
- it’s really easy to see the end result you want: a book, a hugely popular YouTube channel, or a podcast with millions of downloads. But it’s not easy to get there.
- Instead, you need to find your niche. Fly a flag you’re deeply interested in and people will come. 80% of your addressable audience is better than 1% of the unengaged general population.
- The best path to making money is niching down, showing your expertise, and selling your product or service. Your podcast is a marketing tool.
- Alban Brooke
- Alban on Twitter
- Buzzsprout Global Stats
- Apple Podcast Creators Will Soon Be Able to Access Follower Metrics
- Why Gear is Least Important
- Join the Creator Crew