Ep. 5: Tackling Procrastination, Building a Productivity System from Scratch, and the Intellectual Shallowness of Social Media | DEEP QUESTIONS
Manage episode 265008875 series 2701426
In this episode of Deep Questions I answer reader questions on tackling procrastination, building a productivity system from scratch, and the intellectual shallowness of social media. I also play some question roulette, and in a new segment, provide an update on what I'm up to in my own deep life at moment.
To submit your own questions, sign up for my mailing list at calnewport.com
Full list of topics tackled in today’s episode:
* Deep work without alienating customers.
* Reducing attention residue.
* The distinction between deep and shallow work.
* Combating procrastination.
* Unpacking my work philosophy.
* The future of VR.
* Building a productivity system from scratch.
* Storing notes for future books and articles.
* The promises and peril of YouTube.
* The Study Hacks story.
* On smartphones and addiction.
* How to learn about the world. (Hint: not on Twitter.)
* Meditation skepticism.
* Getting started with a Deep Life.
* People not interested in depth. (Sermon alert.)
Thank you to listener Bit Holiday for the original theme music and transition sound effect (bitholiday.net).