Ep. 3: Origin of my Productivity Obsession, Analog Relationships, and Detaching from Digital Judgment | DEEP QUESTIONS
Manage episode 264045730 series 2701426
In this episode of Deep Questions I answer reader queries on the origin of my productivity obsession, how digital minimalists can form relationships in a distracted world, and how to care less about what people thing about you (hint: stop using social media).
To submit your own questions, sign up for my mailing list at calnewport.com
Full list of topics tackled in today’s episode:
* Ideal length of deep work sessions.
* Origin of my productivity obsession.
* Making progress on projects in lockdown.
* Dealing with jobs that don’t respect deep work.
* My notebook habits.
* Finding relationships as a digital minimalist.
* How to study on a phone.
* Building a blog audience.
* Caring less about what people thing about you.
* The origins of drive.
* Cutting back on self-help.
* Advice for my 20-year-old self.
* Better organizing information.
* Solidifying lockdown lessons.
Thank you to listener Bit Holiday for the original theme music and transition sound effect (bitholiday.net).