Ep. 16: Habit Tune-Up: Why Relaxation is Overrated and the Importance of Facing the Productivity Dragon
Manage episode 269043786 series 2701426
In this mini-episode, I take "calls" from listeners asking for advice about how best to tune-up their productivity and work habits in a moment of increased distraction and disruption.
You can submit your own audio questions at speakpipe.com/calnewport.
Here are the topics we cover:
* Does capturing thoughts diminish deep work? [2:09]
* Trouble relaxing after periods of intense focus. [7:37]
* Should you list specific tasks on time block schedules? [14:23]
* Time blocking for jobs with regular unexpected emergencies. [18:46]
* What administrators can do to help teachers work deeply. [26:08]
As always, if you enjoy the podcast, please considering subscribing or leaving a rating/review.
Thanks to listener Jay Kerstens for the intro music.