Ep. 10: Battling Email, Online Learning, and a Game Plan for Escaping a Shallow Life | DEEP QUESTIONS
Manage episode 267053558 series 2701426
In this episode of Deep Questions I answer reader questions on battling email, online learning, and a game plan for escaping a shallow life. I also play some question roulette and answer the audio question of the day.
To submit your own questions, sign up for my mailing list at calnewport.com (I send a survey to this list soliciting questions on a semi-regular basis.)
Full list of topics tackled in today’s episode:
* [1:23] Fighting the email onslaught
* [4:50] Shutting down when work never ends
* [9:53] Abandoning work blocks
* [11:03] Grad school later in life
* [12:20] Getting into grad school
* [14:15] How to win at grad school
* [15:40] My deliberate practice routines
* [21:45] Question roulette: overhaul deep work habits
* [25:31] Schools and social media
* [28:00] Adapting to online learning
* [31:40] Bullet journaling: yay or nay?
* [34:40] Audio question of the day: too many tasks
* [37:50] Elite learning without schools (bonus rant: the future of higher education)
* [45:09] My dharma
* [48:17] Escaping a long stay in the shallows
Thanks to listener Jay Kerstens for the intro music.